Sunday, October 26, 2014

Three Twenty Nine.

 
 
 
I usually claim that pregnant women should not read books about pregnancy and birth. Their time is too precious. They should, rather, watch the moon and sing to their baby in the womb.  -Michel Odent
 
 
 
 
On October 9th, we were scheduled for an induction to meet our sweet Benjamin due to IUGR. ( a growth retardation due to lack of nutrients from the placenta to the baby. )
 
At 12:00 p.m. they started the pitocin, and shortly after broke my water.  Everybody tells you that your first labor and birth will be your longest, and each one after that will be a little shorter and so on and so forth. Benjamin was born at 3:29 p.m.
 
Three and a half hours, from start to finish.
 
Six pounds seven ounces. Twenty-one inches long.
 
Nothing about him was small, or under developed. He was absolutely perfect from top to bottom.
 
Benjamin is two weeks old now, and I cant imagine life without him. He fits in perfectly to our family.  How is it possible to be so in love with somebody you have only known for two weeks?
I was reading my first blog again, and I cant believe I was ever unsure of what was happening. I actually feel bad that this was not all intentional from the beginning. He is so loved.
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 









 
 
 
 
 



























A huge thank you to my sister for being in the room with us to capture these moments.
 






 



 

 
 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment