Friday, March 14, 2014

Backtracking.

Now that the initial shock is out of the way, we can back track and get everybody caught up to where I am now and HOW IN THE WORLD this happened.

About 8 months ago I switched birth control,  I was on an EXTREMELY  high dose of estrogen birth control to help me possibly gain weight, low and behold it turned me into a crazy person. So, they put me on a very lose dose birth control pill that was made to make me not have a period anymore. SO, it has been about 7 months since I have had a period. ( You can tell why I wasn't alarmed to not get a period this month.) I had just started a new pack of birth control and that weekend took a trip to Dallas. I ate every snack we brought along during the drive, and my sister had made a comment about me being pregnant. UH NO. I advised her it was only because I just started a new pack. While there, she made more comments on how bloated I was after I ate.... again, I didn't think anything of it. About two weeks after I got home, I was at the grocery store and Matt calls me while I am there. He tells me he thinks that I should pick up a pregnancy test.. I ask him "why?" His answer: "because I hadn't had a period in a while." I laughed and told him that that was on purpose, and I wasn't supposed to have a period. He still wanted me to get one..

I immediately started to panic, and think about Savannas comments, and realize the only other times Matt was really adamant about me getting a test, they were positive. I picked up a test and went home, unloaded the groceries and silently went to the bathroom.


Positive.


I ran to the store to pick up another one, positive.
Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who just gave me a hug and told me it would be okay.
After some days ( okay maybe weeks ) of crying, I snapped out of it and put together a game plan. Went to the doctor, confirmed my at home positive. Traded in my car, for a GIANT SUV with a third row, and decided being sad/stressed about the situation is not going to change it. I might as well accept it and enjoy it because it will be our last baby.

Now, how it happened...
I took my birth control like candy. One day, I took ONE amoxicillin, and immediately remembered that antibiotics canceled out birth control and never took another one.
I blame that one pill...

So, here we are now. I guess in the end it all makes sense and I should have paid more attention to the cues so I wouldn't have been so shocked. But, like I said before, being a parent is the best thing I have ever done. I have never been good at anything. I was never great at school or sports, I was never super popular.
But being a mom, its what I am supposed to be doing.

The other day Anna was telling me how she would "love me forever" and how we were best friends. I am glad she sees me that way. Because they are my best friends. Matt too. I have the best little family in the world and adding one more to it is just going to make it that much more fun.





1 comment:

  1. Sigh... This is awesome to read... Keep em comin, lovely mama.

    ReplyDelete