Monday, March 24, 2014

Maps.



"Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."


     Okay, of course like anybody in my situation, I have had my doubts and concerns about being in the situation that we are in. It made no sense to me, actually. I know that everything happens for a reason, but it sure is hard to chew and swallow that when that "everything" is happening to you. About a week ago, I found a picture of a little boys nursery on Pinterest, pinned it so I would have an idea on what to do if I had a boy, and continued my searching.  
  

    This screen shot was taken a few days ago, and note how it says "added 4 days ago" ( so more like 7.) 
I had gotten a comment on the picture about how cute that elephant was. I agreed, he was adorable.
The day after the comment I went to a baby "garage sale" at a church that one of my friends had gotten me a ticket for, and the first thing I saw when I walked in was this guy... Literally, he was the first thing I saw/touched/picked up. I didn't even think twice about it, I put him under my arm and carried on. 


     ECSTATIC that I had found an elephant close to the one in the picture I loved so much, I went on to search for how expensive maps are. ( really expensive when you are looking for one that size.)   I didn't think much of anything at that point. I was really happy about the elephant but my heart was not dead set on this nursery, I simply just thought it was pretty cute. On Saturday, Matt went out to check on the progress of the house. The room that we have designated for the baby had wood paneling on it that we wanted taken down. He called me, and told me I would never guess what was underneath the wood paneling on one of the walls..
A map. A map of the world covering the entire wall. I didn't believe it. WHAT ARE THE ODDS? Maps are not common wall decor, and we know nothing about the history of this house, or knew that anything was underneath that paneling. It literally gave me chills. I made him take a picture and send it to me so I could see it. I really was speechless. Unfortunately the map is ruined from the glue on the paneling, but none the less.... There it is. My sign. My map.


     Nobody knows why things happen the way they do, but I know without any uncertainty that this baby is supposed to be with us, and we are supposed to be in this house. It may not be an ideal situation to most people, but it is going to be perfect. This is exactly what is supposed to be happening, this was no accident. 



1 comment: